Thursday, September 22, 2005

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Coteau du Lac, QB to
Driving Day 7
Biking Distance: 39.73 km

Another early morning bike ride – this time along a paved trail, which I had biked with Kim and Chris on our way east. It goes along an old canal, complete with bridges with curved supports, and non-operational locks. The air was warm, but birds were gathering, and geese were heading south already. A heron flew out, startled that he wasn’t alone. I took the trail from our campsite to Pointe des Cascades, where we had camped on our way east, and I just made sure I could still find Hwy 338 easily, in case I come this way again. I was very excited to reach the 7,000 km mark on my odometer – I still have a few kilometers to make up from our forced driving days, but at least I’ve reached my total distance goal.

I noticed I wasn’t stressing out about the wind; it was in my back going out, so that meant I had to fight it coming back. It’s just the difference between going out for a fun ride, versus being focused and goal-oriented in trying to get as far as you can each day. It felt like a morning fun or training ride, and I loved it.

The day’s drive was good; we were at Port Credit around 4:00 p.m., and when Cam gave me the option of driving all the way home instead of camping one more night, I of course took it. Also of course, our hopes of getting to Orillia in daylight were quickly dashed as we approached Toronto; the traffic got much heavier, and it started to rain. We were very interested to note the incredibly long lineups at the gas pumps; all of Toronto it seemed was trying to fill their tanks before prices went up due to Hurricane Rita. Of course, the prices never did go up - it was all a lot of hype for nothing. In order to try to get Cam back to Waubaushene, where his trailer gets parked, at a reasonable hour, we arranged for Pat and Terry Hehn to come pick me up at Crown Hill (Albert was at choir practice by the time we got there). We arrived at 7:40 p.m.; Cam headed off into the rainy darkness, and the Hehns treated me to supper. By the time we got home, Albert was getting anxious – practice and the start of choir season party had been over for at least half an hour!

I was too tired to unpack the van – that would wait until next morning, after a little bike ride.

Home hasn’t changed a bit, and it’s good to be here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

to all of the major RSS feed directories on the Internet.

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about home based business insurance. I also have a site about home based business insurance which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home