Monday, September 19, 2005

Monday, September 19, 2005

North Sydney, NS to Grand-Barachois, NB
Drive Home Day 4
Biking Distance: 63.9 km

Because Cam had to do some tire switches for his trailer (six ply tire for a four ply one), we decided it would be more efficient for him to do that while I got on my bike and made up some mileage I had missed near Sault Ste Marie. The day dawned rather foggy, but by 7:15 I was on my bike and headed back along the highway to North Sydney (our motel was actually 20 km from there, at Seal Island). About 5 km out of town, the traffic started getting quite heavy, so I decided to take a local road along Mill Creek, which turned out to be delightful. I met a lady walker, and asked her the name of the road so I could tell Cam in case I needed to; it was Point Aconi Road. She also told me it would connect with another road just up the highway, all paved, so I had a little loop worked out. Those are always so much more satisfying than going out and back. Cam meanwhile couldn’t find his keys to the trailer, so he tracked me down, and the whole tire switch was delayed. Oh well, I just got to do the loop twice. Through a series of other lost articles, etc etc, we didn’t leave the KOA campsite where the trailer had been parked for the week we were in Newfoundland until after 1:30 p.m. I figured we’d never get as far as Monique’s house, but luckily Cam was game to keep driving, since we knew we would have a place to sleep once we got there, without having to put up the camper. The rest of the day was relatively uneventful; we drove highway 104 through Nova Scotia, so had lots of hills (very slow with the camper), but lovely scenery. We arrived in Grand-Barachois at 9:40 p.m., and went straight to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home