Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Notre Dame du Lac to Coteau du Lac, QB
Drive Home Day 6
Biking Distance: 25.75 km

It was a cool and breezy morning, with the sunrise still glowing in the sky when I set out on my bike at 6:30 a.m. Since we were camping right on the trail I had used to get from Riviere du Loup to Notre-Dame-du-Lac, I figured I might as well enjoy it a second time. This section skirts Lac Temiscouata, and is sheltered by rock and trees on the other side. The surface is hard packed gravel screenings, and is very flat. All in all, it was a perfect place to make up a few kilometers, and I thoroughly enjoyed doing so. I even went down to feel the lake; it wasn’t nearly as cold as I expected, and if I’d had more time, I might have gone in for a dip.

The rest of the day passed uneventfully. After we got to Quebec, the landscape flattened out, and we were able to make better time than on the previous days. Cam managed to negotiate Riviere du Loup, Quebec City, Trois Rivieres and Montreal without losing his cool or his way. We took Hwy 40 (north side of the St. Lawrence) after Quebec City; it’s flat and not very busy (until we got to Montreal of course). We could see leaves starting to change colour in New Brunswick and Quebec; in another week, this route will be spectacular.

We arrived in Coteau du Lac at the KOA campsite there about 7:10 p.m. It was already getting quite dark, but the temperature was fairly warm, and mosquitoes were out in the thousands to greet us. Yay! We set up as quickly as possible, then had supper and went to bed, to the sounds of Hwy 20 traffic and the VIA go train.

1 Comments:

Blogger abhinav said...

hi,we share a passion- bikeing. being a pro i understand the thrill involved. keep writing about ur biking experiences

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home