Saturday, September 03, 2005

Saturday, September 3, 2005

Day 68 – Distance: 30.93 km
Rest Day – Grand-Barachois, NB

Yes, I actually have mileage on a rest day. Monique hadn’t been able to go for a bike ride in over a week and she was anxious to have one, and I couldn’t resist joining her to make up some of my “driven” mileage. We took a route I have joined her on before; we flew on our way out, and pushed like mad on the way home. If I had been biking to PEI, I would have made it half way there in the time we took, the wind was so strong. It was fun to be biking with her again; we visited a harbour, biked through bike paths, and saw the roof of Frank McKenna’s house.

The rest of the day was taken up with catching up on my blogging (finally, I’m connected to the internet again, as you know), driving all over Shediac and area in Christian’s jeep to do grocery shopping, and just generally enjoying being here. We’ve started to organize the week in Newfoundland, thanks to help from Terry and Pauline Rideout and their relatives; Cam and I agree that we have in common being “anal” about liking to have arrangements in place in advance. For me, it means enjoying scenery and pleasant thoughts while biking instead of worrying and planning the next stage.

Supper consisted of Digby scallops fried up in herb butter (rich, but oh so good), local beans and rice fried up with green tomatoes. Delicious. I have gained two pounds since I got here, according to Monique’s scales. By the time I’ve finished my brunch after church tomorrow, and the lobster dinner tomorrow night, I should weigh about as much as I did when I left Orillia. All this biking for nothing – sigh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah, Hurrah! You were the talk of St. James' this morning--you would be amazed at the number of people who check your blog daily!

Way to go Nynka--you are almost done!! And then what next year????

Pat

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home