Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I had a dream last night, in which I was able to run! I hoped it was an omen of at least being able to walk somewhat today.

We gathered our things together: I checked one last time for emails, and got a few more answered (sorry those of you I haven’t replied to yet). Then we were off for a day of doing “touristy” things. We were soon in Banff, and headed for the gondola ride up Sulphur Mountain. I was especially excited to see there is a trail that goes all the way to the top of the mountain, and decided that if I ever get back to Banff, I will climb to the top. I even told Albert if we were staying in Banff for the day, I would be trying the descent, sore foot and all. In any event, at the top of the mountain there was an extensive boardwalk with many lookouts, and Albert and I did manage to walk the whole distance. I remembered later that this is a very special mountain in the life of Nory and Robin, but that’s their story.

My foot felt quite good all day, although I never did manage to run. After lunch at the Banff Springs Hotel, we headed to Lake Louise, and viewed the lake in the rain. It was a fairly brief shower, and by the time we got coffee at the Chateau Lake Louise, we were able to take a couple of “sunny” pictures as well. We then headed toward the Columbia Ice Fields, where we stopped, again in the rain, but the last tour had already gone for the day. So, we continued on to Jasper, stopping for a photo op at the Athabasca Falls. We found a camping spot, then headed into town for a lovely pasta dinner at Caruso’s. I’m sure you can guess who chose that restaurant...the music did not live up to its name, but the food and service were great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home