Monday, September 05, 2005

Monday, September 5, 2005

Day 70 – Rest Day
Grand-Barachois, NB

After all these rest days, I’ll be hard pressed to get back onto my bike tomorrow. Today was basically restful, but did include a long walk along the beach with Nory, Robin and Cam. Christian and his mother hiked ahead of us pretty quickly, and Monique started out with us, but headed back with her 14-year-old Golden, Patapouf, when he could go no farther. After our walk, Monique took Robin, Nory and me out in the jeep to pick up the poutine rappe which we were trying out for lunch (a typical Acadian food, consisting somewhat of mashed potato wrapped around a ball of pork, then cooked in a pork broth). We also bought some poutine a trou (pastry wrapped around apple, raisins and cranberries). We came back for lunch, and intended to go into Shediac to check out the sights, but ended up taking a short nap instead. Monique took us into town a bit later, then we came back for supper. We managed to talk Christian into telling us the story of how he met Monique (he’s a great story teller) before he joined his mom and aunt to watch “Shall we Dance” dubbed in French. I guess I’ll have to watch that one when I get back (in English, of course).

Since tomorrow is “back to school, biking, work” for most of us, we’re all heading to bed fairly early tonight. It’s been a great rest time, especially with my “babe” with me, and I’ll hate to leave. However, I’ll be on the ferry in a week! Hard to believe, for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home